Back from the scouting
2 hot weeks are lying behind us (in both meanings: weather- AND offroad-wise),
but the efforts were worth it !!!
We must admit, even the GE-orga is not invulnerable, but there´s always a way out:
- a halfshaft-delivery from Douz into the dunes between Sabria and parc J´Bil
- a diff-delivery from Douz into the dunes between Zmela and "lost lake"
- a shock-amputation somewhere in the outback
- 80 km driving with no brakes on a land rover (don´t call it a hand-brake !!!)
But while the paused teams searched for shade underneath their wounded cars, the rest of the clockwork kept on running as planned AND HAS HARVESTED SOME REAL DELICACIES FOR THE GRAND ERG 2014.
At the end of the day, we can confirm, that the "normal" sands between Douz, Ksar Ghilane, parc J´Bil, Tembaine and the "lost lake" were really enjoyable to drive. But SABRIA has lost really nothing of it´s scary reputation. On some passages we
managed to do 1 km in 1 hour, no matter which car, no matter which driver.
... cos when the FechFech starts popping up it´s invisible holes, there´s only shovel and sandboard left to help !!! (see photo below).
Next steps are:
- sorting the photos of our scouting-tour
- destilling racetracks and roadbooks
- AND THEN GIVE YOU A SHOUT FOR RALLYE-ANNOUNCEMENT, ONLINE-APPLICATION AND FURTHER NEWS!!!
in sandy anticipation,
Joerg + Co.
P.S.: YES, the planned 2-day-stage will be there, YEAH!!!